Hey Guys!! Hope you are having an amazing day and great summer! Sorry I’ve been gone for a super long time. I have just been so busy with school and finals, but since it’s summer I can finally put more blog posts on my blog!
Today’s blog post is about homemade donuts. Now they aren’t the most pretty thing, but they are delicious. I’m sure they’re are videos out there for making them but for all the people who learn by reading you have come to the right place.
Making homemade doughnuts are really easy and fun to do with the whole family. If you are camping you can also do this same thing on a fire with a dutch oven instead of a deep pan. When you are making these they are super yummy and everyone will love them!
- Biscuit dough (doesn’t matter what kind)
- Vegetable Oil
- Confectioners sugar
- White Sugar
How to make them:
- Heat your Vegetable Oil in a deep pan on medium high heat
- To help your oil not to burn let your pan heat up a little bit before putting it in and start off medium and work your way up. If it starts to smell like something is burning and your donuts are burning really fast putting the stove on a lower heat will help.
- Start rolling your biscuit dough in your hand to make small balls.
- If you want to make doughnut rings take a small round cookie cutter and press it into the middle or if you don’t have a small cookie cutter use a teaspoon and press it into the middle and pop it out.
- Once the oil has heated up put biscuit dough into oil.
- BE SURE NOT TO CROWD THE PAN!
- Flip dough over once golden around the edges.
- Allow the dough to sit in oil long enough to get to a dark golden color on both sides, but not to burn
- Let donuts rest a little bit then toss in confectioners sugar for a powdered doughnut or you mix together white sugar and cinnamon for a cinnamon roll doughnut.
- Shake off extra powder on donuts and enjoy!
Hope you guys enjoyed learning how to make homemade doughnuts and will for sure try it out. Since it is summer, if you are bored you can make a whole lot of these and then eat them. They are really good and I’m just saying you should totally make some for your family.
Anyway hope you guys enjoyed and be sure to come back and follow this blog because I’m going to uploading every week over the summer! I hope you guys will follow to be notified when I upload so you wont ever miss another blog post!